Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Atlas Team - Life With The Edge

Atlas customers may already have had the pleasure of speaking to new team member Mark Edge, who joined the company in the TSM team last month. Here's our introduction to Mark, in his own words.


I've always had an interest in technology since I was young... normally breaking objects and trying to fix them before anyone else noticed!

After various administration jobs, I took a job in IT, repairing faulty PCs and laptops. I started off without knowing what the inside of a PC looked like, but quickly developed the knowledge and skills to repair computers within hours, not the days it can take when dealing with some larger companies.

Taking this thirst for knowledge further, I am currently studying a foundation degree in ICT, to build up experiences of the different sectors of ICT, business concepts, hardware and networking, software development and website design. Some aspects of which will no doubt help in my job role within the Atlas Business TSM department.

The first few weeks have passed quickly and I am starting to get a grasp on all the different systems in use at Atlas, the knowledge building is progressing and this is when the real work begins...

My personal interests include both ends of the motor sport spectrum; from the high tech, glitz and glamour of Formula 1 to the action-packed, almost no-holds barred racing of the British Touring Car Championship. In addition to this I also try and play football and golf a few times a month, when the British weather allows it.

My other major interest is films. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but I will pretty much watch most films and normally end up at the cinema most weekends.

Everyone at Atlas welcomes Mark to the team, where we are certain he will be hugely successful.

No comments: